Scam Prevention Tips
- Never give personal information to a stranger who contacts you, whether by telephone, e-mail, or other means.
- Do not accept payments for more than the amount of the service with the understanding that you send the buyer the difference.
- Do not accept checks from individuals you have only met online.
- Do not accept jobs in which you are paid or receive commissions for facilitating money transfers through your account.
- No matter how urgent someone claims is a deal, you can always wait a few days to research and confirm legitimacy.
- First and foremost, use common sense. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- You are responsible and liable for all deposits made into your account, whether they are a check, money order, transfer, etc.